Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last days of school

I can't believe we have come to the end of the school year, it has flown by!  I want to take a moment to say what a privilege it has been to get to know and teach your kids.  Also I want to thank all of you for welcoming in a new teacher to Pioneer, so many of you have gone out of your way to volunteer and offer to help with whatever is needed.  That means so much to a new teacher!  I hope that your summer is filled with fun, family and friends!  I look forward to seeing all of the kids again as big fourth graders in August!

Here's what you need to know for this last week:

Monday and Tuesday will be devoted to assembling our shoebox community, adding roads and landscaping and organizing all of the zones.  Tuesday will also feature our end of the year class celebration (yay!).  I will be showing a movie, popping popcorn, and plan on just enjoying an afternoon as a class.  Students will bring home all of their unused and used supplies, so please make sure they bring a backpack to school. 

Wednesday- Students should not bring backpacks to school this day.  We will likely be filling out an activity packet and watching a video since the morning will be so short with specials.  Parents/family are welcome to come to the class shortly before the picnic to see our shoebox community and then to leave with their child to go eat.  If you plan on leaving with your child from the picnic you must sign them out.  I will have a sign out sheet in our classroom so you don't need to go through the front office.  Students who will not be checked out early will remain with me until our regular dismissal at 3:50.  If you intend to send your child to the picnic/home with another family I need to have WRITTEN NOTICE BEFOREHAND or I can't release them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment